1. Major Achivements 2. Scientific Publications 3. Media coverage
1. A new micropatterning technique for the fabrication of surfaces with multicomponent
proteins and cells was developed.
2. Langmuir 26(14), 12112–12118, 2010
1. Smart nanomedicines using hyaluronic acid derivatives customized for the treatment
of liver diseases such as hepatitis C virus infection, liver cirrhosis, and liver
2. ACS Nano 5, 6138-6147, 2011
3. MBC, JoongAng Daily, Korea IT News, Segye Daily etc.
1. We have shown the sequential actions of synaptotagmin-1 on SNAREs during
neurotransmission process at synapse using single-molecule FRET technique.
2. The EMBO Journal advance online publication, doi:10.1038/emboj.2012.57,
3. Yonhap News, EBS News etc.
1. Using real-time single-molecule fluorescence resonance energy transfer (smFRET) studies,
we have revealed that how the mismatch repair (MMR) initiation protein MutS finds
the mismatch on DNA and transmits the mismatch finding to the strand scission site.
2. Nature Structural and Molecular Biology 3, 379-385, 2011
3. Kyunghyang Shinmun, DongA Daily, JoongAng Daily, Chosun Daily etc.
1. Plasma membrane proteins were isolated for proteomic analysis with high selectivity
and efficiency using an ultrastable synthetic host-guest binding pair.
2. Nature Chemistry 3, 154-159, 2011
3. The Hankyoreh, Hankook Daily, Asia Business Daily, Medical Today, Chosun Daily,
1. The trifurcate pathway exists to ensure senescence and the accompanying cell
death when leaves are aged. miR164 functions as a brake or guard against premature
overexpression of ORE1 and may finely tune the timing of senescence.
2. Science 323, 1053-1057, 2009
3. SBS News, MBN, YTN, JoongAng Daily, Segye Daily, Korean Economy, Maeil Business
1. We have identified a new gene, AtBG1, that encodes a β-glucosidase that hydrolyzes
ABA-GE to ABA to respond to environmental stresses such as abiotic stress.
Overexpression of AtBG1 enhances resistance to osmotic stresses
2. Cell 126, 1109-1120, 2006
3. Chosun Daily, YTN, KBS etc.
1. BjPCR1 is essential for the translocation of Ca2+ from the root epidermis to the
inner cells, and ultimately to the shoot. BjPCR1 engineering will help to prevent
Ca2+ nutritional disorders in human, such as osteoporosis.
2. PNAS 108, 19808-19813, 2011
3. Maeil Daily, Gyeongbuk Daily, Aju Business etc.
1. We developed platform technologies for synthetic biology to engineer the microbes.
One is “UTR Designer” to precisely control prokaryotic translation efficiency and the
other is “Riboselector” to expedite evolution of metabolite-producing microbes.
2. Nature Communications 4, 1413, 2013
3. Yonhap News, Kyunghyang Shinmun, Maeil Daily etc.